AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Reserve currency
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cfdr
Posted 9/23/2014 14:22 (#4089597 - in reply to #4089526)
Subject: RE: Conspiracy Theories

I think we might be talking about different things. I don't think anyone would argue that there aren't conspiracies to lie, cheat, and steal. Where the argument would be is if it was that the whole thing was a conspiracy by a few - i.e., a few behind the scenes pulling all the levers. IMHO, it is much more complex than that, and it appears that everyone is looking at what they can get short term. Long term is ignored. Even for those who might be profiting excessively short term, they might not like the world they will live in in the future.

I go back to debt - it is just so obvious that all of this debt will never be repaid. But the game can go on for longer than we might think, as the balance sheets of the "haves" look better and better. Again, however, the debt will never be repaid, and someday that will cause the s*** to hit the fan. It has to be getting more and more obvious to the "haves" that the asset side of their balance sheets doesn't mean much. What happens when playing Monopoly when it becomes obvious that the game is over? Or, at what point do the players just quit?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)