AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Reserve currency
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cfdr
Posted 9/23/2014 13:23 (#4089541 - in reply to #4089471)
Subject: RE: Reserve currency

I go back to the early 90s listening to Martin. At the Foundation for the Study of Cycles conferences, when he gave the concluding talks, *everyone* was there and *everyone* was listening intently. (This was back when "Stevie Forbes" was there too.) What was nice at those conferences was that we had the opportunity to visit with all the presenters, including people like Martin and Theodor Landscheidt. My "claim to fame" - I guess - is that one of the ideas I had about the bankers *making* the lows in the ag markets was "borrowed" by Armstrong in a subsequent newsletter where he applied it to real estate. So, yes, I have followed Martin for some time. At the very least, he seems to me to be the best economic historian I've ever heard/read.

That said, I've joked to a friend who also was at those conferences that Martin now needs someone like the guy standing in the chariot telling the Roman in the parade repeatedly that he is mortal. We are, after all, talking about a chaotic system that is inherently not all that predictable. Read James Gleick's excellent book CHAOS to see why.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)