AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

soybean advice?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Town and Country
Posted 9/23/2014 09:41 (#4089217 - in reply to #4089155)
Subject: RE: soybean advice?

Southern Mn
Good question, most elevators are charging a minimum storage, and if you are sealing them, which I think looks attractive, they usually want 6 months storage. All things considered harvest is typically the worst time to "sell" and you usually see a bump in the markets after harvest and heading into spring planting. Will this "bump" cover your storage cost? In my experience it almost covers it, but then you are left with the same "net dollars" So unless you can store them at home, which contrary to some on here, is NOT free. can feel the flame already, my rational for saying it isn't free is if you, like me, have loans accumulating interest, then what sense does it make to store for a 30 cent bump by June?

Not knowing your financial status, none of this advice is the correct way to go.

What am I going to do? It depends, I have enough pre-sold at respectable levels to cover operating loans, I'm hoping that by the time I'm done harvesting more real numbers will be available to make me either sell and move along or if the numbers aren't there like the USDA has predicted, then I may store a few.

Something to think about, with inputs still high on corn for next season, are more acres going to soybeans going to cause a headache for years to come?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)