AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Houston - we have buying
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 9/22/2014 22:48 (#4088709 - in reply to #4088678)
Subject: RE: Houston - we have buying

NCND
I always thought big moves with big volume just stengthens the direction of the move. Ex a big up day on huge volume is bullish just as a big down day on big volume is very bearish.

I think given the fact many think corn is turning more bullish and the talk of beans going lower you will see off the combine selling of beans and storage of corn??

That's just what my gut is telling me. No matter how bad beans are down they still are the most profitable crop to grow compared to price of corn or wheat now.

I had a record wheat harvest. If I had no hedges I'd have grown a record crop and be breaking even after protein discounts. Heck I'd be losing money and a fair amount.

Beans however I can still grow an average crop at today's prices and make some profit. Can't say that about corn or wheat right now.

I hope to dip into some beans tomorrow. Rumor around here is they are good.

3 days between wheat harvest ending and bean harvest starting. That makes for unproductive falls.

Aquaman my 15 hedges are paying nicely. Should have done more as usual. I clicked 27 on the 940s today. Not bad!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)