AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dr Oz today and Enlist
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

TCG
Posted 9/22/2014 20:28 (#4088294 - in reply to #4088029)
Subject: RE: Dr Oz today and Enlist

IL
Cardinal_Farms - 9/22/2014 17:21

I have nothing to fear from the activists. I have had many of them tour my farming operation. The "activists" that have toured my farm have a human face and are truly concerned about the environment. Some of them are sometimes are a little clueless and I will patiently explain what I do and why I do it. Name calling doesn't foster a dialogue that helps them understand the practices that I am using. I have heard many positive comments such as "why doesn't everybody else do this?", etc.

I explain how I use less herbicide and also the timing and placement (a huge difference) and at the same time actually use less tillage than the conventional tillage GMO neighbors. I don't use "extra" tillage, I'm just using a row crop cultivator, there is no field cultivator or other primary tillage tool involved.

I think the activists have bigger fish to fry such as in few years when Enlist farmers are up to their necks in Palmer Amaranth resistance and trying to get approval to use the next chemical "savior".

My mistake - I'm sure they'll be just fine with you using agent orange in your burndown.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)