AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Burning on high
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 9/21/2014 16:56 (#4086023 - in reply to #4085858)
Subject: Bears have been more correct than "moi."

Appreciate the kind words.. I'm just telling ya what I'm doing.. doesn't make it correct.

I'm an unapologetic bullish poster.. but I adjust.  This year I did forward contract more corn than last year.. a pretty healthy clip.. probably 65%.. I did make maybe one post about that.  Tara has called me on saying one thing and doing another...???  (probably has a fair point)  However, I don't offer a subscription to marketing.. I don't make recommendations.. I just follow the fundamentals.. mostly.. and offer my opinion.  fwiw.

So not sure what to say about that...  I'd be a mess If I worried about what everyone else was going to do on my comments...  Hard enough just to do MY OWN marketing.. etc..

Sometimes I'll say.. "BS.. for A..B..C..D.." and upon further reflection.. "but you do make a good point."  Pick up the phone and sell some.. and NOT post about it..  So...???

So...???  Because I'm busy.. (oh better tell the World Wide Web.. I'm not THAT self absorbed..)

Also Marketing goes hand in hand with Cash flow and everything else.. so..??  How would I know what someone else needs to do...??

I don't know what to say about that.. "be careful" I guess.. I'm NOT a MARKETING SERVICE..

Today I can afford to be a little more caviler.. because I've got sales on the books.. others may not..??  Doesn't mean that trying to mimic what I am TRYING to do is going to work.. MY BASIS/AREA is different than others.. certainly the Dakota's.. (thus far..??)

I guess.. "no need to change now".. fade me.. agree.. whatever.. basis off me.. whatever.. ??

I am what I am. 

The Bears have been more correct in price movement.. probably because of Macro events.. Dollar.. Funds.. End of Quant Easing.. etc...  I'm NOT disputing this.. I'm just calling things as I see them..

again fwiw.

Anywho.. just "be careful"

"Not a Solicitation to trade.. people can and DO lose $$$  blah blah blah trading/merchandising/etc.."

edit add:  The +.50 is for quick ship dry corn.. before harvest.. nets back to about +.20 to me.. adjusting for distance.. about where we've been the last 3 weeks.  I can't lock any more in.. it was a now or never decision.  I do think we will see (and I COULD BE WRONG..) basis strength post harvest.. primarily because the market has driven things so LOW that WHO WANT's to sell THIS?  and again I COULD BE WRONG.. but that's how I'M going to play it.. on MY farm...  see disclosure again above.. "blah blah blah."

Edited by JonSCKs 9/21/2014 17:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)