AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Time to Act
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

akrumy32
Posted 9/21/2014 04:13 (#4085131 - in reply to #4084109)
Subject: RE: Time to Act

Beaver Dam, WI
dano46 - 9/20/2014 11:58

I`ve been growing corn on my own for about 40 years now, helped grow it my entire life. In all this time one thing has been a FACT as you say. Never ever has a cool almost cold and cloudy august ended with huge yields. Extended time from silk to finish, no thanks. Give me heat and lots of sunshine, that`s what corn loves. I have no doubt that areas that had plenty of water AND sunshine will pull huge yields as long as everything else is in place, good Lord look at the ground the big numbers are being reported from, it doesn`t get any better in this country. We`ve had yields equal or better to anything i`ve heard so far several times in the past even here in lowly NE but you just cast a huge net over a pretty big area that didn`t have perfect weather. Digging out old records and the big yield numbers all came on years with heat and sunshine hence great test weight. Very good test weight.

X2 I think a lot of people are missing some of the facts that are out there. I think this will be a good crop but not the crop of all crops.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)