AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

worldwide cost of production
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 9/20/2014 10:49 (#4083934 - in reply to #4083831)
Subject: RE: worldwide cost of production

Buxton ND
Here's just alittle tid bit to toss in here that came out on Friday.

UK doubled its import tariff on corn and sorghum. IMO its UK's way of slowing imports to protect its producers from lower prices. Its doubtful they have less hoofs or feathers to feed,it is realistic that UK production it higher on feed grain and wheat for the same reasons our production is higher the past years. NOW Ukraine will have just a tad more corn to sell on the world market that used to go to UK at a higher price,that tariff works to lower the world corn price. Ukraine's been kicking our back sides on wheat,,,we're still roughly $20 a MT over-priced in the world wheat market will corn be any different ? ? ? Remember BDIX is still very low

Now Ukraine,,,its UN-likely they have any prime NC Iowa 15k land. Don't think they have to worry about Putin blowing up too many 500k combines with every gizmo/gadget/bells and whistle. They probably use their eyes and hands to steer and NOT text/talk/tweet. They probably work on their equipment out in the wind/rain/hot/cold and not a 500k shop with wireless. Their wife's most likely work their donkey's off "on the farm" and their home (shack) would be bull dozed if it was in the "I" states. Their kids stay home and work cause they dont have a 30k car to run to town and waste money. My son does this same thingggggg,,,,,,,3k car but it still gets under my skin...........................

NOW,,,WHO do you think can raise that bushel of #2 yellow corn CHEAPER OR WHEAT ? ? ?
Yes I know not everyone has Auto Steer and new tractors,,,but you get my point pretty clearly.

Tighten your belts,,,and don't spend a DIME...................................................................................................................

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)