AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RR's are basically regulated monopolies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 9/19/2014 17:38 (#4082805 - in reply to #4082670)
Subject: RE: That make sense!!!! And I agree with you!

NCND
The problem is white if we **** down oil to move grain then you shutdown. The industry They harvest a record crop everyday where sas we harvest a crop once a year.

You just can't turn off the spigot. It costs tons if money. Then what about the people who work in oil? Your oil production gets cut in half you half to stop all drilling and then shutdown half the wells. How is that fair?
They hardly let the oil on trains pass they some towns so how will it go if they start trucking it 1000 miles?

Oil is relentless 24/7. Farming is seasonal. I've been in both. Farming is a cakewalk versus the demands of oil industry. I don't mean it as insult I just mean its so relentless. You don't just shut it down.

We produce 1.1 million barrels per day that must move. That is 5000 truckloads. That is at least 2500 jobs just to run the trucks. Every single day. Every single day. Every single day.

Everyone on here loves to talk about locking up the bin doors. Well here's your chance. Prices suck and elevators are full. Throw away the key!

Wveyone is short trains. Everyone! Oil timber grain.

Proactive is find out who has room and train outlook. Then market and deliver and execute. It's too late to make a plan that should have been in place after last year. Maybe I'm just to simple and take my blame for my failures but that's how I see it. Going crying to the teacher only makes for more rules just like when we did that in grade school

That all being said I don't know of anyone that can't truck their grain elsewhere. I know for a fact there are horror stories out there but by no means is there not somewhere taking grain that you can deliver too.

Pnw low on supply? Eventually they will bid for the grain when they need it. This brings up the point that our grain is too expensive if they are still not bidding for it and buying elsewhere. Which brings up the final point that rail is not our only issue, crop supplies, strong dollars and huge world supplies all contribute.

Time is the healer. Lay back and hit the morphine. It'll get better. Don't do a bloodletting in hopes of letting out the bad. Stick to what is the ultimate healer wether in love, loss, life and what happens to be one of hootie and the blowfish'so best tunes. TIME

Edit to add my ovine auto typed the s word first sentence. Meant shutdown

Edited by vailcat 9/19/2014 17:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)