AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got back from a few days in Vegas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

buford
Posted 9/17/2014 21:33 (#4079916)
Subject: Got back from a few days in Vegas

Hadnt been there for a while but I came away from there with a warm fuzzy feeling about beef demand...IT IS TREMENDOUS!! Guys with way more knowledge than myself have posted numbers on foreign demand being huge, but it was really fun to experience it first hand domestically. Everywhere you looked there were advertisements for steak and hamburger restaurants alike. The menus were clearly slanted to the beef side. Gourmet type hamburgers galore! The truth is that beef is still very reasonable in comparison to other meats. Now, I'm not so naive to think we cant have a gut wrenching drop at some point here but I think we have the most resilient commodity on the board. RELATIVE StRENGTH!! The only steaks that SEEMED completely out of line were the Wagyu sp.? I hestitate to say that because I never had one, so who am I to say?? Anyway a Waygu steak was 95 to 125 bucks. Dozen chicken wings was 29 bucks at Gordon something at Caesar Palace. Joes at Caesars Palace had a fantastic Filet Mignon @ 34 bucks with Fantastic side dishes and a huge piece of pie with about 4 people making sure everything was ok.
Just an observation to let you know what most of you already do: DEMAND is alive and well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)