AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good Truck or Not - 2000 International 9200i ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

4th GenerationFarmer
Posted 9/15/2014 15:31 (#4075895 - in reply to #4075684)
Subject: RE: Good Truck or Not - 2000 International 9200i ??

NWC Ohio
I've run 4 9400's so far. Great trucks. Had a 91 with Detroit 870,000 when traded, loved that truck! Traded for current 07 with isx, ultra (****ty)shift tranny drives me up a wall!!egr engines SUCK!!! Still running 94, and 99 both with n-14. The 99 is a lower geared heavy haul spec truck that we had cam and lower end bearing trouble in at 650,000 when it locked up sitting in the mechanics shop, possible bad 500 hp "tune" by last owner/ jockey. For farm trucks they are great trucks. Some have steering stops set out so easyier on tires, adjust in to make them turn tighter if needed to manuver better. Listen to engine when it's running make sure it's smooth and even. If it has a boost gauge, drive it and make sure it hits 30 psi and the needle doesn't flutter. If needle is fluttering its a sign of cam/valve trouble. Oil pressure should be around 20 warm idle. If you can get some service records that would be awesome. Im guessing its time for a clutch, if it has original clutch in that truck. I wouldn't be afraid of this truck if engine sounded good and had good oil pressure tho.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)