AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Serious Cat Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 9/13/2014 08:50 (#4071976)
Subject: Serious Cat Question

I remember there was some threads from the past where cats were involved and went out of control. But I have a question and am looking for answers on what you guys do.

Last July when Dave went to Canada fishing with the guys, a stray cat came around our house. Our house is separate from the farm, so I don't have any farm cats. This was a very friendly cat. Probably dumped off, or it could have been a stray from a close by housing development. It looked kind of skinny so I gave it milk. It stuck around a few days so I finally bought some cat food for it and put the dishes out on my front porch. Our grandson came and just loved him and named him Fred. It took off and wasn't around for a few days and I had to explain to Eli that Fred must have a girlfriend, or was out hunting. Oh, that is another thing, one of the first days, Fred brought me a dead mouse. He was so proud of it. I thought the cat was gone, but soon showed up again. So back to feeding it. He would come when I called him. But then he would take off for a few days again. Seeing it looked like Fred was going to stick around, Dave neutered him. I like the cat but don't want him in the house. I don't like cleaning up the litter and I hate all the cat hair. But I would like to make it comfortable for him outside. What do you guys do for the cats in the winter. Not like there are barns for him to keep warm. He might have to go to the farm if he is still around when we leave for AZ. I checked online and looks like there are little boxes you can use to make a little cat house. Just wondering if any of you have something that works.

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (121KB - 98 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)