AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

oliver 2255
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 9/12/2014 19:10 (#4071043 - in reply to #4070502)
Subject: RE: oliver 2255

ZR900 - 9/12/2014 09:15

This is a fun thread to read. Really love all the pics! Never had a 2255 here but had a 4-210 with the Cat V8 for a while and got along good with it, just don't lug it too hard. Keep the rpm's up and they do pretty good. Thank God for the over under shift!
My bucket list of coolest looking tractors: (in no particular order) 2255 Oliver, G 1000 LP Moline, D 21 Allis, 1150 Massey, IH 1206
gotta totally agree on the first two of your choices, and also the manufacturers of the last 3, but recents events have changed my mind on a couple of the models. First event was the recent sale of the 1566 in ostrander, mn., about a month ago. That tractor was the epitome of tough, no holds barred brute strength, with just about the perfect stance. A cabless, perfectly restored 1566 is pretty hard to beat. The other event was seeing a beautifully restored AC 200 sans the cab at the farm progress show. I never realized how cool those tractors were till I saw that stunning version in a booth I don't even know what they were promoting. I was kind of a 220 guy before that. Another is a Massey, but my vote goes to the 2745. I had one for a couple years, and mainly just used it for hauling loads from field and to town. The guy at the elevator where I dumped my corn told me he loved the sound of me coming up the incline with a couple big wagons behind and that Perkins v8 wound tight. That is the only one on my list that I would leave the cab on. The cab was pretty awesome. And really, no list could leave out a Deere, and Frytowns cool 4620 gets my vote for best looking Deere ever made.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)