AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

240 bpa yield report from Iowa on poor dirt
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 9/8/2014 20:54 (#4063185 - in reply to #4062752)
Subject: RE: Trying not to be knee-jerk negative but...

Death comes to us all. Life's but a walking shadow
Just what exactly are you trying to say? The Profarmer tour reported no district with a yield greater than 187.4 and one district at 159.8. The USDA put's Iowa's state average at 185. Now you repeat a report claiming 240 bpa on poor dirt. From your post you make it sound like all of Iowa will do better than 240 bpa. Is that what you are saying?
My first thought was any soil that can produce 240 bpa in any year isn't likely to be "poor" dirt. If you will be so kind as to give us the coordinates of this field we can easily verify the quality of the soil using Web Soil Survey.
As for you third statement, "managed funds still long 80K contracts......." What are you implying here? That only when managed funds are net short can the current price decline stop and reverse? What is the logic to this statement? Historically managed funds are alway net long due to the fact that certain funds have a legal requirement to be "long only". I would think that the low is confirmed when there are more buyers than sellers. I would think this would be confirmed when the volume declines as the price declines signaling the absence of sellers .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)