AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Am I the only one
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

00rooster
Posted 9/8/2014 17:01 (#4062773 - in reply to #4062570)
Subject: RE: Am I the only one

I bought a bagger a few years back because I never have much help for harvest. Its freaking awesome for keeping the combine rolling. Sometimes its just me and my mom(running grain cart) and with the bags in the field we can harvest more in one day than ever before(aim for 80 acres a day, or 100 if we need to push it). One grain cart can barely keep up, but two is a nice relaxed easy day for everybody. And you don't need big carts either. You only need to be able to hold 1 round. Two 500-600 bushel carts is the ideal setup for an 8 row head(depending on yield expectations). I can't quite fit a round of irrigated on our 500 bushel cart.

Only trouble I've ever had with bags is one being cut by a vandal, other than that no trouble, and there is less scooping with the bag than a 10,000 bushel bin.

I'd never tried drying in the spring before, but I put wet corn in(19-20%) bags last fall, and then transferred it to an empty bin this spring to dry. I actually think that the corn dried much faster after sitting all winter. I accidentally dried it too much and ended up hauling out 12-13% corn.....and that was just with natural air. I'm thinking that after sitting in the bag all winter the moisture was easier to remove from the grain. Just a theory.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)