AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Am I the only one
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Mark, ncIA
Posted 9/8/2014 00:41 (#4061896 - in reply to #4061871)
Subject: This is the Greatest thread of all NAT time, lol

Ben & all,

I've got no real idea on the 3/1 dump question, would guess we'll find out this coming spring all over IA, usually pretty sticky in favor of the tenant here, esp. well into the terms time-wise. If said tenant has filed for protection from creditors, the LL is SOL. There was quite a bit of land change tenancy here last year, kind of under the radar. Would guess more will this coming year.

This whole thread just has me laughing & thinking, it's fantastic. Really get a feel for people's business strategy, regional bias' and ideas of "the right way". I know, or better yet think I know, some on both sides of the argument have and are doing extremely well for themselves. Also, think it's crazy for either side to think the other is wrong, but, hey, I'm one of the above (not saying which, lol). Also, know I'm not doing it right, so, what the hey?

I do know that $156/A machinery investment was pretty competitive 20 years ago here and certainly attainable. Could run some late model, moderate hour'ed stuff for that. Not today, not close. I ran a 4586 like one poster above, ran her hard for a few seasons, only cost me a couple hundred a day in parts, until it went; but, to each their own. I couldn't afford to keep air in the tires and batteries in 20 tractors.

Thanks everyone for the insight.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)