AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Freeze/frost - masking real issue?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Irrigate NE
Posted 9/7/2014 18:12 (#4061190 - in reply to #4061144)
Subject: RE: Freeze/frost - masking real issue?

South Central NE
c-xr-1,
Since I am from SC NE I am light years weather wise from the Dakotas or MN. Having said that I will tell you that in 40+ years of farming 95% of the time in my area a frost scare is just that... a frost scare. Then 3 weeks or 4 weeks later we are wishing we could get a freeze to dry the crop down to manageable levels. '74 and '95 I believe were the 2 exceptions and depending where your farms were the damage varied from none to moderate. I do also realize that crop development can slow but just because it slows does not mean the crop is being affected quantitatively. It can, however mean more drying is necessary. As to max production having come and gone as you say. I guess it depends how you define max production. I believe the trade may, as you say, have tapered off their loftiest expectations a little. But I think their huge yield goal for corn was probably in excess of 175. If they have pared that down to say 172, and that comes to fruition, we will still have a very large C/O number to deal with. I don't look at that as a bullish situation... Thanks for your comments.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)