AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So how have the rent negotiations went?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Case IH 9390
Posted 9/7/2014 13:54 (#4060809)
Subject: So how have the rent negotiations went?

North Central Iowa, Humboldt County
September 1st has come and gone. I've had some luck with landlords reducing 2015 rents but have some landlords to futher visit with.

The ones that have come down are long term landlords and understand that rents as well as inputs need to adjust downward just as crop prices have. They were appreciative of the bonus they received when prices went up. After I showed them the spreadsheet with prices, yields and rents since 2008 they could see how their rent ended up as a percentage of my gross and how over time it ended up very balanced.

I'm now faced with the decision of do I let a farm go that will be a drain on my working capitol if things go bad this next year or do I roll the dice and hope this is a short term dip. I gave up a farm in the 80's when the LL wouldn't negotiate and to this day I regret that decision.

I guess my question is how are you handling some of your negotiations that aren't going as smooth as you had hoped.

Before some of you unload on me about worming my way out of a multi year lease I'm talking about one year leases.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)