AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Self financing poll below
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Big Ben
Posted 9/7/2014 12:14 (#4060650 - in reply to #4060605)
Subject: RE: It sounds to me like sour grapes, I for one

Columbia Basin, Ephrata, WA
Yes I came back to an existing operation but the helpfulness of that can be debated if you knew the whole story. I wasn't just talking about me though. The bit about being in tears at 2:30 am is an experience I have in common with another guy about our age who has IMO been quite successful so far. He really did start with nothing but a good set of tools, a business plan, and the belief that he could make it work. There are lots of operators of various ages around here that started with nothing and now are doing very well. One in particular, I asked someone once how he got so big in only about 20 years and the answer was "he isn't afraid of leverage." I'm sure he has had his share of sleepless nights but it has worked for him. Having the stars align can really move things along too, and having them align against you can be a fierce thing to try to overcome. I guess the bottom line is, if I didn't think it was possible to start with nothing and end up with something, I wouldn't be farming.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)