AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Self financing poll below
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 9/7/2014 07:50 (#4060155 - in reply to #4060066)
Subject: RE:5 Bean Pod, I think he had a fair question.

Death comes to us all. Life's but a walking shadow
I thought this was a forum for discussions. You can give an opinion and refuse to give you reasons but that's not very helpful or the proper spirit. We just had a whole episode with a fellow called Farmpro who made a very aggressive yield forecast but refused to share his reasoning. Because he refuse to share his thinking his opinion was widely discounted even though it may in fact turn out to be correct.
It is true that you need a certain humility to offer an idea or opinion and be willing to gracefully accept criticism. More often than not I've offered an idea or opinion that has been subsequently shown to be incorrect but consider it just the cost of learning something. Like any other sphere of life you need to be willing to risk disappointment to gain.
One of the most important lessons I take from this forum is that my view of farming is seriously constrained by where I farm and my circumstances. The fact that I can hear from producers located in such widely dispersed locations as Washington State, North Dakota, Texas, Alabama and even Canada certainly changes how I view my own operation.
By the way, after reviewing your responses below I see that you probably meant to say "No." You might be interested that I initially didn't count your answer because it wasn't clear that you were answering or just making a comment. I'll include you in the "No" column unless you indicate otherwise. Thank you for your response.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)