AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I couldn't answer this question yesterday.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Tim in WI
Posted 9/1/2014 17:43 (#4050570 - in reply to #4050423)
Subject: RE: I couldn't answer this question yesterday.

Embarrass WI
Chris - 9/1/2014 15:38

I guess nobody can answer that question.

Maybe the simple answer is farmers aren't important to the economy or the country.  After all you can get all the food you need at a restaurant or a grocery store.

Then too I guess farmers are really bad people because they grow that killer GMO corn and soybeans, hormone & antibiotic  filled cattle, hogs and chickens, and they spray everything with pesticides.  That's when they aren't collecting government welfare or causing hypoxia in the Gulf of Mexico.  Oh and then too they aren't working because all their work is done by illegal er, undocumented workers.

I think that's probably the reason.

Waaaah Waaaah Waaah

Of course farmers are important. So are the workers who process the food, and the truck drivers who haul the food, and the sanitation workers who take care of the used food. And the health care workers. And the guys who build, sell, and fix farm equipment. And the folks who make sure that we all have fuel to run around with. And on and on and on.......

Big Labor got to get a holiday. They got it when union workers were a much higher percentage of the population. Big deal.

If you're looking for an excuse to whine about something, I guess that's as good as any.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)