AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Repeating History
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Rusty6
Posted 8/31/2014 23:32 (#4049608 - in reply to #4049297)
Subject: RE: Repeating History

S.E. Sask.

Jim in Sask - 8/31/2014 18:46 Very nice, Rusty. As good as the Ford looks it'll be around for the next generation, too.

Thanks Jim. Ford was using good steel back in 39 and there is nothing but a little surface rust on this car.
Kornkut, this 39 belonged to one of my uncles before my dad bought it from him in 1952. It still has the tag on the engine block dated January of 52 when a rebuilt engine was installed. We don't know if it an original sized 221 or the later 239 like the Mercurys had. If anybody knows a place to get those i.d. plates translated it might all be listed right on the tag.
Dad drove the 39 until he upgraded to a 52 Merc in 1960. The Ford became the farm car for just getting around the farm doing chores and it spent a lot of time sitting outside in the weather. When I got my drivers license in 1970 I got the 39 back on the road and drove it for a year or two. From that point on it pretty much sat in the old "shack" where it had at least a little protection from the weather. When the roof got really bad we decided to move the car to the new shed in the spring of 2013. When this family wedding was being planned I knew I had to try and get the car in shape for a picture at least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsiTgGYiNPk&feature=youtu.be 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)