AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Considering a new Dodge 2500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ltfire
Posted 9/1/2006 16:08 (#40484 - in reply to #40468)
Subject: RE: Considering a new Dodge 2500

North Central Iowa
I was looking for a new pickup recently and was focusing on Fords and Chevys, but I stopped and drove a Dodge Cummins crew cab (that's what I was looking for). Anyway, that was the roughest riding truck I've been in (pickup). It was so bad that when I got back to the dealership and the salesman asked what I thought, I asked him if he really wanted to know. Anyway, he told me that it was a standard 3/4 ton, and shouldn't have anything special about it that would make it rougher riding than any other 3/4. If that was truly the case, I wouldn't have one. Anyway, I ended up with a used Ford, but just wondered if you have been out driving them and found the same thing, or if it was an anomaly.

On another note, anybody else think that these truck prices are ridiculous? I just couldn't bring myself to spend $37k +/- on a new diesel crew cab 3/4 ton. I know you don't have to have a diesel, but that's what I'm used to, and I know when I'm towing, it's saving me money and making the job a lot more enjoyable. There's a lot of things I wanted more than a new pickup, and if mine hadn't been unsuitable for what I was doing, I'd have just kept driving it.

I hope you're happy with whatever you buy.

Mike
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)