AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Run Around /Vehicle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmerrob
Posted 9/1/2006 09:18 (#40416 - in reply to #40364)
Subject: RE: Farm Run Around /Vehicle

Not sure how rough the terrain might be where you would want to go but how about an older minivan? I don't go mudbogging or crossing creeks or anything but I use a 1995 Pontiac Transport- the old dustbuster looking vans by Gm. It gets 25 MPG and it has the very dependable 3.8l V6. I like it because it has the removable seats so I can haul large items if need to. I have used it to haul lamb feed home in the rain before. I got about 1000lbs in it-I wouldn't want anymore without air shocks;) The RR I work for uses a taxi service that uses the Chevy/GMC AStro/Safari vans and they seem to get about the same mileage as me even thought they have the 4.3l V6. They go through some pretty rough stuff to pick up trainmen along the track and they only buy the 2wd version. I know a person could get AWD as an option on them. Maybe that would work? Could always put a lift and larger tires on them:) The bonus for me is if we want to go on a family outing where Mom, Dad and us with the kids want to go we can put the seats in it an just take one vehicle.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)