AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I wont join you-all to be a Pro Farmer basher
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

crapgame
Posted 8/26/2014 10:13 (#4039383 - in reply to #4039308)
Subject: RE: I've stayed out of this until now

well as an arduous advocate of privacy, I will say your trust in the powers that be is quite optimistic and misplaced.

"I'm not saying the USDA has a tight seal by any means, but the big difference is information you provide them is bound by privacy legislation - ie they arn't actively out there whoring it out for big $$$ to anyone who would love to turn the knife into your back on the next purchase & sale negotiation you have to undertake in your business."

your data is not safe under the above custodian nor any other than yourself.

your point is well taken, absolutely 100% valid, and a rapidly evolving concern.

stay tuned to the "Big Data" discussion, it could very well be one of the most important issues we have ever faced depending on how it all develops...this issue is moving at the speed of bits and bytes and we need to be proactive

you seem to be appropriately equipped to involve yourself in the discussion, please do so...I can assure you that your representative groups are addressing this. Don't worry about ProFarmer, focus on the real potential threat. That said, the more involvement the better.

be the bug or the windshield...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)