AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I wont join you-all to be a Pro Farmer basher
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 8/26/2014 09:33 (#4039321 - in reply to #4039181)
Subject: RE: Oh, I very much disagree, blu.

Death comes to us all. Life's but a walking shadow
While undoubtedly the invective was excessive and obsessive didn't you take note of how many people responded and how strongly they felt about the issue. You of all people understand how important psychology and market sentiment is to the futures market. I'm not a psychologist and don't pretend to understand all the subtext and signaling going on but it was clearly present.
I may be wrong but I think the message was one of frustration the current market situation and the lack of respect the Tour clearly represents by the traders, etc. Just look at the reaction that Farmpro's posts elicits. Remember despite what everyone outside the farm community wants to believe farmers are highly competitive take-the-initiative stubborn personalities who don't just acquiesce to the inevitable. They won't capitulate quite as easily as some stock trader might. They can't afford to, the consequences are too important to them.
There are two animal models that come to mind here. The first is the case where you torture a rat until they chew their limb off in frustration. The second is a hive of honeybees in late summer after a week of rain and cloudy weather. They can become frustrated and angry because they can't work. If you make the mistake of trying to work the hives or even just walking too close to the hive they might just attack "en mass" and sting the heck out of you to vent their frustration.
There is one thing I've learned about doing business with somebody. Don't get them angry, it very well might cost you money if not the sale. The same goes for farmers.
Respectfully,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)