AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I wont join you-all to be a Pro Farmer basher
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

OldMcdonald
Posted 8/26/2014 09:08 (#4039268 - in reply to #4039181)
Subject: I've stayed out of this until now

Napanee, Ontario
But I want to know: -------- >How come Ag is the only industry where it's ok to trot out producer's PRIVATE inventory data to any third party that might be interested in it?

Sure, there is a weekly inventory tally for FINISHED product in oil and gas, en route or in downstream storage locations, but do you think they let people come tour their refineries, look at the flow gagues on the rigs, hand over papers on bitumen estimates in their wells, count the barrels in their warehouses? People that would hand this inforamtion over to their customers or their input suppliers, let alone the general public? The idea is ludicris.

The tresspassing issue aside.... what is that value of your information?? A lot of the same people that will get on here and complain about low grain prices are the same ones that have no problems giving their operation info out to all their counterparties... what do you think they are doing with that info? Giving you a better deal next time you need to buy something from them, or sell something to them?? Try to see the big picture for a moment folks.

The post below about real time yeild monitor data is just birds of a feather on this concept. This data is just happily handed over for free to these companies so they can sell it off to every Tom Dick and Harry downstream that BUYS your products and SELLS you inputs for production.

If you crop guys want to get some better prices for your products, maybe try playing your hands a little closer to your chest...? - just a thought. Pretty hard to have a negotiation when your counterparty already knows every single thing about your position.... duhh

Edited by OldMcdonald 8/26/2014 09:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)