AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn acres again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

southernmnman
Posted 8/25/2014 20:33 (#4038415 - in reply to #4037828)
Subject: RE: No they will not show up on NASS Sept. report and may never show up

South central Minnesota
Tara Farms - 8/25/2014 13:12

On the other hand the PP acres that were covered by Insurance all had to be reported and filed at the time of the reports. At this time PP acres are down by a little over 3 million from last year ( if my math is correct ??) and there was 2 million crp acres that came out last year.

so there sit's the dilemma did the farmer ( without having had sighned up for a farm program ) be more lackadaisical in reporting acres to FSA or is there just a lot of acres that were not PP and went into something else like Pasture or some of the very minor crops.

If you are correct that all pp acres had to be reported and filed at the time of the report then why did August 2013 see a pp number of 3,411,358 grow to 3,616,862 in the final January report? Did the requirement change?

Are you saying as prices drop more are likely to not participate in the farm program or that since there was no signup for the program this year many didn't find a need to report? When I visited the local office at the end of reporting, July 15th there were very few left to report and those that hadn't had been contacted. actually i was surprised by how few hadn't reported, I guess if there is future chance of a welfare check just for signing our name will still jump through the hoops even without knowing what the program is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)