AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A thought about demand......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 8/25/2014 20:26 (#4038399 - in reply to #4038310)
Subject: RE: A thought about demand......

Death comes to us all. Life's but a walking shadow
We have been exporting an average of one million metric tons of corn or better since March, Why it was only in the 750,000 MMT range for the previous six months I don't know except we exported 40% of our bean crop from harvest to March '14. This makes me think that our export sales may simply be limited by our capacity to move product. In addition, given that for the last six months we have moved 1+ MMT of corn suggests that the current export demand is being satisfied.
At the same time we have produced 900-930 thousand barrels of ethanol per day, used 850+ thousand barrels domestically and exported the remainder. We are very near our absolute nameplate production capacity for ethanol.
Likewise, they are already complaining about the excess pork and chicken production and beef production is limited by the calf crop.
My thinking is that we will gradually build more demand in all three segments but it will take time. The good news is that the promise of plentiful supplies and lower prices should stimulate additional demand.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)