AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2004 vs 2014 Corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Maizeing
Posted 8/25/2014 15:57 (#4037984)
Subject: 2004 vs 2014 Corn

Ontario's middle east
I have made some posts this year comparing to 2004. (As has Sat...... Jeez... Not going to get THAT unpopular ...... Am I ? ;-} lol, sorry buddy ) I know, somebody is going to tell me it's not the same...... Of course Ray and I heard that last year on our 96/97 comparison too. The astute merchandiser Mr. Cogdill, sent me this today, and asked me to share..... He must think you guys are a tough crowd, he likes watching you beat on me instead, I guess......Any-who.He used linear regression to scale the 04 moves against this years. I thought it was interesting how well it has followed along. To add my own 2 cents to it I would comment that the lower move from the Sept crop report into early Oct is the most reliable seasonal move of the year. That doesn't mean it will happen this year but it might be a good time to look at shedding some risk....... Especially if some of that grain has to go to town for cash this fall........ There are safer and cheaper ways to stay in the market. Rob and I like the minimum price contract for accomplishing that. Of course I also know another merchandiser who is calling it his "lose less contract" ......... Who knows, even that might be a bright spot at some point!

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (61KB - 120 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)