AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ray Jenkins
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

KevinM
Posted 8/25/2014 11:23 (#4037538)
Subject: Ray Jenkins

SE IL

You ever thought about writing a book? I think it would be a best seller. I enjoy your color commentary!

RayJenkins - 8/24/2014 10:33 You'll not find me being critical of past market decisions....what is done is done, and obviously for a reason based on the facts known at the time and needs of the seller.... all we can do is work on what is available now........and what is available is a +300X soybean basis that will be going to option price or less over the course of the next 30-60 days.......if one is bullish futures, there are plenty of ways to express that bias while capturing the current basis levels.. if one is bullish basis, you know the parameters of time available to get the job done.... but I can guarantee you that the industry will bludgeon the holders of old crop cash beans with the kind of info that Kevin M just posted.....that there are some new crop beans "someplace" being harvested......now, the supply may still be not enough for 1-2-3 weeks to keep old crop basis from retreating, but I suspect it will give those who felt they are in control a case of the nerves.... nobody said this would be easy.....far from it... Ray J

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)