AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Maizeing, continue discussion on price setting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Maizeing
Posted 8/25/2014 10:15 (#4037445 - in reply to #4037428)
Subject: Edited

Ontario's middle east
Was referring to 12, 13, 14, 15 but gotta run ..... Will check in later...

Edit: Well Jon, you guys on the plains certainly have had your trials and tribulations, no question about that. We are in a much more moderated climate surrounded by the Great Lakes but have suffered drought here too, with 12 bu beans and 70ish bu corn in 2001. No question bout it, drought sucks. Insurance kept me in the game that year. I needed insurance to cover some bushels that year but that's kinda what it's there for. Forward selling rallies has been a successful strategy for me and I will continue to do it incrementally. We have a big crop coming here and even this old bear doesn't think he sold enough because of the crop size....... Can you believe that?????? The opportunity that I think I blew was I didn't short those bonus bushels at $5 and then if I didn't get them, I could have spread them into cz5 to get 5.44 now. That is an advantage to hedging on the board, a little more flexibility on delivery and a strategy that might work for you. I suppose if drought had hit we might not have got that much carry but still probably would of got something we could live with in '15. Oh well, probably will just blow the extra bushels out of here at harvest and buy a call......... Can't regress on my rehabilitation.....

Edited by Maizeing 8/25/2014 19:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)