AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

farmall M paint
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jcfarmboy
Posted 8/23/2014 15:20 (#4034227 - in reply to #4034137)
Subject: RE: farmall M paint

South Western Ontario, Canada
Illinois Steve - 8/23/2014 15:03

It does look good but how long will it look good? I don't understand why people are scared to use something other than implement store paint. Something like an acrylic enamel will cost more but hold up much, much better. I painted a lot of tractors over the years and never used anything but a charcoal filter mask. I ended up with leukemia. Was it caused by the painting, the farm chemicals, or just bad luck? I don't know, but if I had to do it over again I wouldn't paint without a supplied air system. Those are expensive. If it were me, I would pay someone with the experience and equipment for the job.

Scared wasn't the word.....inexperience and lack of knowledge would be the correct words. I will use automotive paint for the next tractor (farmall H that is already in the shop getting ready to dig into). I might redo the M depending on how the H turns out.

What is the correct "code" to make sure the red is the correct color? Or what's the correct way to order?

As for masks I use a good quality dual cartiage and don't plan on painting much more. But your point is very well taken! Paint shops want more to paint than the tractor is worth.....

Edited by jcfarmboy 8/23/2014 15:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)