AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Orbit reel pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Cliff SEIA
Posted 8/31/2006 22:31 (#40330)
Subject: Orbit reel pictures

I was going to post these pictures the other day under the topic of Orbit reels but I couldn't get them to come up on my clubphoto site so they are a little late.  These pictures show how the Orbit reel sweeps into the auger at a much lower point than a standard reel than backs away to keep the fingers out of the flighting.  We set our reel for/aft stops so the fingers run within a 1/2" of the flighting about about four inches lower than a standard reel would.  In really tough beans a full fingered auger might still help even with an Orbit reel but under most conditions I think the Orbit reel is better.  The Orbit reel will literally throw beans into the auger even at much slower reel speeds than a normal reel and even beans 4" tall go straight from the cutter bar to the auger without ever getting a chance to bunch up on the floor sheets.  Gleaner was impressed enough with the Orbit reel's that they are going to be selling them through their dealer network and when the other companies realize that draper heads won't work in beans everywhere I imagine they wil do the same thing. 

The bottom picture shows a pretty good example of how tough our beans were last year and the Orbit reel worked great in them.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)