AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

oil leases
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Drilldo
Posted 8/16/2014 13:16 (#4021359 - in reply to #4021054)
Subject: RE: oil leases

Texas
What is reasonable totally depends on the area and what the production is.

In hot areas I have seen lease bonuses of 15k an acre. In other areas $25 an acre is the going rate.

We leased our land at $500/acre for a 3 year lease with a 25% royalty. If you are in an area that produces a lot of oil the royalty % is worth a lot more over the long run than the lease bonus.

Where we are they are doing horizontal wells and I have small acreage. I had them sign a no surface use lease where they can drill horizontally and get my oil but they can not do anything on the surface on my place. I would strongly recommend this if it is an option. If they are doing vertical wells or if you have a lot of acreage they may not go for it.

What is fair really boils down to the production in the area. I am working in an area where a single well might give the landowner (mineral owner) 100k in royalties PER MONTH. These wells come on at 1000 barrels a day. Leasing in this area is going to be a lot different than in an area where the wells produce 10 barrels a day and the operators have to really know what they are doing just to make a profit.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)