AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Umbilical hernia
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Itchy
Posted 8/15/2014 10:07 (#4019637 - in reply to #4019596)
Subject: RE: Umbilical hernia

SW Iowa
I'd follow the Dr's recommendations. You don't want that fresh surgery tearing lose and opening up again, making a serious situation with even more bowels pushing out a much larger opening...

They told me 10 lbs max for first week, then remove stitches, then 30lbs for the next 5 weeks. I could drive, but they didn't want me bouncing around in a tractor mowing ditches for that 5 weeks. Mine turned out fine. They sew a mesh between the bowel and the abdominal wall muscles for extra reinforcement. With time, the abdominal muscles grow into the mesh and it is permanent.

The Dr was cheap I thought, $2400 for 2 hrs of work. The overnight hospital stay was horribly expensive,,,just outrageous! Try to get the dr to go along with letting you go home after the surgery, and save you the overnight hospital bills...You will need a driver for sure, even though you are wide awake, it takes at least 6 hours for the knock out juice to completely wear off so you can legally drive.

Good Luck! You will feel much better when it is over. I put mine off for 3 years.

Edited by Itchy 8/15/2014 10:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)