AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on powerstroke turbo failure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 8/30/2006 19:08 (#40053 - in reply to #39847)
Subject: RE: Update....I feel guilty

Chebanse, IL.....

Rob, a week ago from your initial post I asked if you'd report back. You have. I apologize for inviting you to a party where you got beat up.

I'll agree with you on not going back to Ford. We all have feelings on warranty matters & it always seems that others are willing to throw in their 2 cts....some throw in a nickel. You know more of the details than we do. I'm sure it's one of those "you had to be there..." things.

I doubt you'd ever get any mechanic to warranty in writing. I believe that EVERY chip mfg in the world is saying that you canNOT be refused warranty....but you know what? I don't believe them. They're selling chips & Ford isn't. A chip for a JD combine xx60 series used to be about $300 from outside vendors. JD charged about $4000 for it in the form of a higher rated engine (same combine-2 engine h.p. choices). I believe there was absolutely no difference in the engines at all, but as one local JD dealer described it....that $4000 went towards "insurance" of shorter engine life warranty payouts.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)