AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deep V ripping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bad farmer
Posted 7/31/2014 08:08 (#3994568 - in reply to #3994039)
Subject: RE: Deep V ripping

no welfare payments on this farm!!!!!!!!
i guess if it works then it works, i would want to look at maybe 3 to 5 yrs of crop data rather then just one year. as brad stated its your dirt and your nutreints to do with as you please, but you know me I am always curious what mother nature is telling me if I rip and see a yield response. tell me more about what the weeds and plants are telling you. I would love to rip every acre every year, but I only have about a 12 hour to rip every other year. the only time i believe in ripping is when it is extremly muddy, and I mean muddy like a weak of wet weather and then the forcast calls for 5 below temps, the minute the ground is frozen on top and i can drive over it, i am going as hard as I can with the inline ripper but no lifting. my goal at this trip is to simply make a slice that will stay open and allow freez to deeper levels,(dont do this over water lines fyi) the feild looks chunky when done casue of the top frosted layer picks up and leaves chunks but this is the only way i know how to work ground deep with the least amount of damage to soil structure. please not I do not farm in texas or areas where it doesnt freeze, I dont know what I would do if i couldnt get a freez but they do and do a good job at it.

I live along ways from you but if you ever get up here i would like to show you something in kansas, where i compared deep tillage versus elemental tillage and covercrops. I stopped tilling the tilled side 4 years ago but we can still see the differance. that is kansas though. Good luck and great post
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)