AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question about a Super M crankshaft
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jalopy
Posted 7/30/2014 07:57 (#3992971 - in reply to #3992285)
Subject: RE: Question about a Super M crankshaft

NC IA
To the people calling bs... I know how to read a mic, I measured it both before and after the machine shop molestation. And I still have the old standard thin-shelled bearings to prove the original cranks virgin-ness. Another detail that I left out, trying to keep the story simple, it had one rod journal spun, so they welded one journal. The conversation with them during that process was it was gonna be 0.010/0.010.

To davepal, a naked "M" rod and a naked "Super M" rod are the same.

Its simple what happened. They read the wrong spec in the book for the rod journals, typed it into the grinding machine (I have know nothing about a crank grinding machine), and walked away. Somebody screwed up, but they won't admit to it. They are saying it was already ground to regular M specs to begin with, which is a lie, it wasn't. (By proof of the old bearings.)

To finish the story, the project is done, I located and purchased a correct Super M crank to move ahead with the project and finish it. Just trying to figure out how to go about trying to settle with the machine shop's mistake now. Like I said, machinist won't admit to his mistake, had his story all pre-thought-out when I confronted him. Haven't talked to the management yet. I despise being belittled and lied to. And I hate conflict.

Anyway was just looking for opinions and personal experience if it really would have been OK to use the severely underground crank. It is a customer's tractor so I didn't feel right about doing it. I am ultimately the one to stand behind it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)