AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

440 RAVEN ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/17/2008 07:26 (#399248 - in reply to #399125)
Subject: Re: 440 RAVEN ?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The "delay to automatic" feature that I mention may be helpful for backing into corners but it may be counterproductive.

The delay will take place when the Master is shutoff and then turned back on in a reasonable amount of time. Thus the delay is not active the "first" time the Master is switched ON for the day. It is active each subsequent time unless a given amount of time has passed, then the system jumps into automatic right away. I'm not cetain of that amount of time, I'm thinking it is one minute.

If you utilize the Delay to Automatic feature it will be active for each "normal" headland. This may be good or bad. The delay can range from 0-9 seconds.

In my example with the NH3, it was desirable to have the Delay on each pass.

Many customers use the technique mentioned when backing into corners. Switching to Manual when the "pressure is up" will freeze the control valve on many systems. Then the operator can back into the corner, flip the Master ON and then take off. As the speed is increased, the operator flips back to Rate 1 or Rate 2 and the system once again returns to automatic rate control.

On certain systems, it may be necessary to shut the Boom Switches OFF but leave the Master ON to bump up the pressure when in Manual but not desiring to spray. Once the pressure is bumped Up, then turn the Master Off, the Booms back ON, then flip the Master back ON and start to move. Again once the rig is out of the corner, the Rate switch can be returned to automatic.

The delay to automatic could work for a corner if you shut the Master Off when the system pressure was fairly high, then backed into the corner quickly and then took Off.

This feature was added at the same time as the Low Limit feature discussed earlier. Older consoles will not have it. Newer console will have this feature.

The location of this feature will vary depending on the console. The details should be available in your owners manual.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)