AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Guidance Junkies, you might want to take a look at this.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dgrimm
Posted 6/16/2008 09:06 (#398737 - in reply to #398610)
Subject: Lots happening in implement steer

I think John Deere is working on that very concept with their IGuide product -- last I heard is was supposed to be available this fall. It works by putting a second receiver on top of the planter and than compensating with the tractor steering. Have also heard a rumor that Deere has technology under development to basically plug in parameters on equipment and than based on slope from Starfire receiver will try to compensate accordingly. Obviously this would be much less accurate than putting the receiver on the implement, but also much cheaper and easier.

I am very glad to see the work going on in this area. We have a Trimble Truetracker unit, which is an Orthman toolbar that actively steers the implement. Probably the best option as far as accuracy, but very difficult and time consuming to mount and move around, as well as having another big piece of equipment hanging off the planter. If accuracy was just 75% as good as our current system, I would switch to something with just a receiver on the implement in a heartbeat.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)