AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on powerstroke turbo failure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rob D
Posted 8/29/2006 23:36 (#39847)
Subject: Update on powerstroke turbo failure

s.c. north dakota
Well, my son just got a bad taste of big business stonewalling. The story on his 04 P.S. is that he took it in for some recall work and they found that the turbo had failed. Should not have been a problem, 30K on it and a 100K warranty on engine. But, He had installed an Edge brand performance chip soon after he bought it. Someone at the dealer, he doesn't remember who, told him that the Edge brand would not void his warranty. I guess everything should be put in to writing. I stopped there today just to let them know how proud I was to know them I was told that a no time did Ford ever approve any performance chip. I asked okay, now what about the rest of the engine? Would it be warranted now if it blows up before 100K? The service manager told me that if a different dealership did the work and never knew it had a chip ( it has been removed) they would warranty the engine. I told him if he was any kind of customer service there should be some way around corporate B.S. and he just suggested we call customer service. Now, I know that he was just covering his butt and toeing the company line but they will never see my family there again. Rob D
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)