AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Someone is having a bad day...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Deere4955
Posted 7/22/2014 12:18 (#3980393 - in reply to #3980330)
Subject: RE: Someone is having a bad day...

DE
This is 15 minutes away from me. It was on the local news facebook and the comments were eye opening. I know the general public has no clue about agriculture but there was multiple people stating that tractors have no RIGHT to be on the roads. That tractors and implements should be able to fit on the shoulder and if not they shouldnt be there. One person said "I think there are alot of people out there who should mind their own business the tractor should not have been on that road with a seeder of twenty two feet when the road is only sixteen feet you ignorant people would be mad if this was one of your family members and quite frankly we are all grateful that he is still here right now" Another said "The farm equiptment on these back roads drive too fast and careless. I think they have the I'm bigger than you syndrome so move over!!" And the one that made me the maddest was "From looking at then pictures of this the tractor and his equipment are stretched all the way across the road...and I don't see any lights on the planter that he was pulling so if the tractor was over as far as he could be and still taking up both lanes of the road in the DARK it seems like this accident is not the kids fault at all... he probably never seen it coming until it was too late...Maybe they should rethink the laws allowing tractors and farm equipment do drive on the public road period....it is much too dangerous and inconvenient for those of us who get stuck behind them on highways when we are trying to get to work... this could have really killed someone"

ITS INCONVIENENT FOR THE LADY TO BE STUCK BEHIND A TRACTOR SO THEY SHOULD BE OUTLAWED? Lord knows the most dangerous stuff on the road HER when shes late for work and rushing driving 60mph in a 45 and run into a tractor going 18.

Edited to add that The boy was not hurt. He had cuts and bruises. Neither was the farmer. And Id agree there should be lights on the planter but the accident happened at 530am and here it is light out then.We do need to take responsibility to put them on before we are forced to. The comments i posted prove that we will be in trouble in the future if we dont act first. This was in the woods so Im sure it was fairly dark there. But all in all the boy wasn't paying attention.

Edited by Deere4955 7/22/2014 12:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)