AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vermeer 605SM net and twine issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Galaxie64
Posted 7/10/2014 00:27 (#3960505)
Subject: Vermeer 605SM net and twine issues

WY, OK

2K bales, 4 years old now IIRC.  First year it started throwing the E57 fault on the twine and quit working, was fairly certain it was the proximity sensor, 2 years later same sensor goes bad on the tailgate.  Today the net stops cutting and gives me a E61 (net never cut and is still wrapping), says to check brake or possibly a short.  Brake was fine, this happened after baling 20+ bales with no issue.  I was able to do about 5 by hand cutting the net, looked like the knife just never engaged fully to cut it.  Then I started getting E57 and the knife wouldn't even retract fully.  I'm thinking Actuator is bad but at $450 would like to make sure.  Would the proximity sensor on the brake cause this?

To add to it, finally went and got the two new proximity sensors for twine arm and tailgate, fixed both issues at first BUT twine arm started acting up after 30 bales or so, threw the E57 retract code once.  Turn off monitor turn back on and it ties, several times later the tie mode would not initiate so I would pause and hit start to get it to work, few times I had to do that twice.

Seems the proximity sensors weren't the best on this one.  I'm definitely stocking up on them now.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)