AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

C-IH 955 Planter Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gro-Mor Farms
Posted 7/9/2014 09:45 (#3959224 - in reply to #3958941)
Subject: RE: C-IH 955 Planter Questions

Western Ky.
I have an 800 which will plant corn fine. Have harvested 259BPA on a 3 acre measured national corn production plot. Regularly harvest 200+ BPA corn planted with this 1985 planter.
Becks research showed that poor spacing only resulted in a 3 to 4 BPA yield reduction that could not be replicated in all cases. If there is any yield reduction because of a Cyclos spacing, it will be more than offset by the Cyclos even emergence, higher stand count, and reduced sidewall compaction in notill conditions. For me, if I had the choice between my 1985 Cyclo planter with its Early Riser opener system or a brand new latest and greatest 2014 John Deere, White, or Kinze planter that tries to push the gauge wheels, opens the seed trench by up to .400 more than my Early Riser, doesn't have offset disk openers and has no RID gauge wheels in my 100% notill conditions, I'll keep my Cyclo. You will be fine notilling corn with your 955. ( Check that, you will be better off with the 955 as I have no doubt your yields will go up!)

Edited by Gro-Mor Farms 7/9/2014 17:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)