AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why all the poly tanks on sprayers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 7/6/2014 16:48 (#3954314 - in reply to #3954214)
Subject: RE: Why all the poly tanks on sprayers?

South Georgia
stevehin - 7/6/2014 15:34

good subject. I would like to see some suggestions on how to clean poly, very good topicI was trying to use liquid boron in sprayer to put on beans because the fert dealer didn't put the boron in my spring fert when I spread it. It was a mistake to try to use liquid boron because the boron gummed the sprayer tank. It took me a day to get the tank clean and take all the sprayer tips off and clean them. I even used tank mix to "neutralize" things.

I've never heard of that, but I suppose it's possible. I use a good deal of liquid boron (currently on my 3rd shuttle this year), and I've never had any problems with it. That being said, if you were using anything in a water soluble pack, that's likely the culprit. You can use them with boron in the tankmix, but you've got to be incredibly careful. They have to be completely dissolved before the boron is added, otherwise they stop dissolving a d make an awful mess. You have to scrape it out of your strainers with your pocketknife, it won't wash out.

Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)