AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sprayer Size
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jocoshar23
Posted 7/2/2014 13:08 (#3948193 - in reply to #3948006)
Subject: RE: Sprayer Size

SE IA
Oliver1 - 7/2/2014 09:49

Have you sprayed before? There's alot to learn about spraying, nozzle types, sizes, pressures, tank mixing, when it's too windy, when it's too cold, speed, overlap, boom rinsing, drift, etc. If I was your neighbor, there is no way you would do my spraying for a couple years. There's just too much risk involved. You may be the nicest guy on the planet, and in a couple years, the best sprayer in 50 miles, but right off the bat, no way. Sorry.

Agreed +1

Long term, a 90' boom and 1000 gallon tank should easily cover 500 acres per day, even if you have small fields and spray with contours. More if straight rows and square flat fields. 3200 acres, normal 50/50 rotation, means 3-4 good spraying days needed per application, which you "should" get.

Here is where I don't think it will cut it. Small fields and contours take time, and a lot of time. You will be happy to get 500 in a day, but you are going to plan on more like 350-450 on average with someone tending you pre-mixed loads. If you have to stop and mix yourself, you will probably be on the lower end of the range. But one -80 Acre field without a waterway should take you a little over an hour. But around here for every "good" 80, there are 5 other 80s that have 6 or 7 patches to get that 80 acres. Or let alone the worst field I spray (15 Acres in 9 patches)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)