AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Side dress rigs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CVA Farm
Posted 6/29/2014 09:23 (#3942535 - in reply to #3942515)
Subject: RE: Side dress rigs

NE S.Dakota

So far this has paid off very well.

I believe in the spoon feeding method.

Weather is normally our limiting factor,and will be again this year. If I knew what the weather was going to be at planting I might have a different plan. Our weather varies greatly.

All that said, my goal is raise 200+ on nitrogen that most college charts would tell you is only good for 140. That's ROI

I have never put on the gallons you are talking about and we are flirting with 250 bu corn,when the weather is correct, which has not happened recently. We do have high CEC (on my farm) and can hold a lot of nutrients, but 3+ inches of rain at the wrong time can affect that ability to hold. I can show you a lot of corn within a few miles that is 1/2 the size,and yellow, those farmers are trying to do full load up front, and using pop ups, that just have not been effective in cold wet soil.

This is what works on my farm, not trying to convince anyone to try it on their farm, yet, I am getting a lot of questions from local guys. The reason both of those rigs look similar, is, he used mine for a pattern after seeing how well it worked on my farm.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)