AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for farmers in ND and SD along I-29
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Eric in ND
Posted 6/13/2014 16:26 (#3917154 - in reply to #3916741)
Subject: RE: Looking for farmers in ND and SD along I-29

North Dakota, USA
BIGASH Farms - 6/13/2014 08:05

Try to get them before the RRV, no rocks there. 

Oh yes there are. Some areas around me have a lot of rock. Many piles have been hauled out to use as rip rap on ditches and flood control projects.

Within 7 miles west of me, there are/were rock piles in every field. They were scattered in no apparent pattern but there is usually a reason why they were piled where they were. Sometimes there is a huge one under the pile that they had no way of digging out or moving back when they started the pile; it was easier to just put the rest of them on top of it. Quite a few were blasted into smaller pieces before the equipment got big enough to handle them. It would still be many miles to the edge of the RRV from this area.

I have some land with mostly small rock, but I find an occasional big one. The biggest one I have had dug up was approximately 4'x3'x7'. It filled the pay loader bucket very nicely. That was back in the "pre camera phone" days, so I don't have pictures of it coming out of the ground. I have a couple about the same size that were pushed into the edge of trees in my yard many years ago.

And I am in the heart of the RRV.

Eric in ND
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)