AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you guys think about this article on ammo?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jame
Posted 6/10/2014 22:19 (#3912655 - in reply to #3911958)
Subject: RE: What do you guys think about this article on ammo?

Central Iowa
Chris - 6/10/2014 16:59

It isn't hoarders........

I've spent a lot of time in the Quad cities and in towns across the country.  Shops aren't getting ammo for 22 lr.  They get in a few boxes, not 500 bricks or cases but 50 bullet boxes or 100 bullet boxes.  Somebody said it's because the stores around are too little.  Bull, they weren't too little a few years ago to get cases of .22's,  how'd they get to be too little now?  WalMart is too little, Dicks sporting is too little, Gander Mountain is too little, Scheels is too little?  I don't think so.

There's a lot of baloney written about people hoarding but I've never talked to one shop owner who has had any quantity of ammo come in like they did 3 or so years ago. 

I know some people have tried to tell stories about so and so having 100,000 rounds of .22's but it never pans out.  Those people don't exist.  And as for people shooting more, how are they doing it?  They can't get the ammo to shoot more.

Try to tell that to the guys at the gun counter at Sportsman's warehouse in Ankeny, Iowa. They have guys camping on the front step starting at 6 AM on Tuesdays, when the weekly truck comes in. The finally started holding back at least 1 box of ammo for every new gun the received, to allow new gun owners to buy some ammo for the new toy. When things were really short, they kept all of the high demand stuff behind the counter and handed at out at in a reasonable quantity per person., and that person had best be on the waiting list that they had. Otherwise, it was no sale.

There is no limits to the idiocy the general public will display when in panic mode. The hoarders would own the world if we allowed it. Thank goodness for laws of diminishing demand.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)